[Magdalen] Pope and Kim Davis.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 2 10:22:47 UTC 2015

On 02/10/2015 01:38, John R Robison wrote:
> I have a few friends who say that it was an attempt to try and reassure the bro-Con/Republican types so cozy with the hierarchy hat the Holy Father was still on their side.

The Vatican has just released a statement about that meeting.  It says
that there was no provite meeting and that the Pope was unaware of the
specifics of her case and that she was one of dozens of people who had
been invited to greet him at the Nunciature.
Unpacking that Ms Davis and her lawyer have built a bried exchange to be
something more than it really was.

I can imagine the exchange. "I was imprisoned for being true to my
conscience." "Be strong in your faith."  Pope moves on to the next person.

Roger