[Magdalen] How's the weather in South Carolina

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 22:53:13 UTC 2015

In SC lowcountry around Charleston, we are wet.  Summerville, where I live
and inland from Charleston, is drained by a system of canals.  I haven't
been out, but I feel sure they are out of their banks.  My house does not
flood but the one next door can, even with special drainage system.  There
is just no place for the water to go.

Charleston is already flooded.  Most downtown roads are closed.  It's a
mess.  Surfers on the beaches are riding high and reporting strong
currents.  God have mercy.  Folks are inside and staying there.  It has
rained all day, much heavier now.  Will continue that until Sunday night.

I've written our priest in charge to ask what it's like for him...he lives
on a barrier island just off Charleston.  He said he may have problems
getting to Summerville on Sunday.  We know when we know.  Morning Prayer,
if he can't make it.

Thanks for asking.
Ginga