[Magdalen] How's the weather in South Carolina

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 2 23:17:19 UTC 2015

On 02/10/2015 23:53, Ginga Wilder wrote:
> Charleston is already flooded.  Most downtown roads are closed.  It's a
> mess.  Surfers on the beaches are riding high and reporting strong
> currents.  God have mercy.

That's a Real Problem. Some people will see the waves, think how good it
would be to surf them then, if they are lucky, others will risk their
own lives trying to save them from the effects of their filly.  In more
sheltered Europe a couple of British women died off the coast of Spain a
few days ago swimming when the red "do not swim" flags were out.

> I've written our priest in charge to ask what it's like for him...he lives
> on a barrier island just off Charleston.  He said he may have problems
> getting to Summerville on Sunday.  We know when we know.  Morning Prayer, if he can't make it.

I hope he has sense and follows official advice.

Roger