[Magdalen] Remember Their Names

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 19:23:36 UTC 2015

I just thought of someone's comment, I'm sure it's nothing new, but it
certainly moves me:

No parent should ever have to bury their child.

My spouse used to work for a local school, the Culinary Institute of
America.  When the shootings took place at Virginia Tech, it struck a chord
with the students at the CIA, and they put on their industrial strength
skills and baked chocolate chip cookies -- enough so there would be two or
three for everyone at Virginia Tech.
Someone poopooed the idea.  "Two or three cookies? SO WHAT??"
Then the CIA got thank you notes.  Those cookies really mattered. Reminds
me of the starfish story.
Sorry for blatherwandering.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford