[Magdalen] The Burrowing Donkeys of Pacoima.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 5 00:16:51 UTC 2015

A little background.  (Smile!)

Me and my buddy Juan would often come up with Kovacs-ian stories to entertain ourselves while we were eating and drinking etc during the early to mid-90s.  One of them, with his wee daughter Susana at our heels, was "The Burrowing Donkeys of Pacoima".  Here's Juan's description:

[begin quote]
Well, not sure how it started, but the conversation evolved to there
being donkeys under the carpet, who would stick their snouts through
holes and bite one's feet and ankles.

Now, bear in mind that the recipient of such wisdom was my 4 year old
daughter, who sagely retorted that it wasn't true, "I can't see them".

The reply (from me): "Just because you can't see them, it doesn't mean
they're not there."

She immediately leapt into my arms.
[end quote]

The wee Susa to this day, loses several minutes of useful existence laughing herself silly, as she remembers that day.