[Magdalen] It Trittico Opera Stuff.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 13:13:16 UTC 2015

I freely admit to not liking opera. As a kid, I used to bail out of the
house on Saturday afternoons when my parents listened to "Live from the
Met" full blast, and if I couldn't leave, I barricaded myself in my room
with the door closed, and once I got my own radio, I played something
else....anything else...to try to cover it up.

That said, I figured out later on that I *do* like some individual arias. O
Mio Babbino Caro is one. Un Bel Di from Madama Butterfly is another, and of
course there's Nessun Dorma. But do not ever ask me to listen to an entire
opera, or attend one. I've applied my parents' "3 times" rule, and I still
don't like it.