[Magdalen] And a different kind of repeat shooting incident.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 16:51:22 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 9:56 AM, Jim Guthrie <jguthrie at pipeline.com> wrote:
> Has there been any specific coverage as to how the number of shootings and
> gun deaths has changed since the NRA persuaded the courts to gut Chicago's
> gun control laws?

Good question. I haven't found anything specific, but shootings are up
something like 40% this year, with about 60% of recovered weapons
being from Wisconsin and Indiana. The mayor has defended Police
Superintendent Garry McCarthy (formerly head cop in Newark, NJ)
against calls for his firing (after he said the police are just going
to continue doing what they're doing, never mind the increasing
violence). But Mayor Emanuel recently had an open-mike gaffe where he
could be heard telling someone the Chicago Police are "in fetal
position."

Lord, have mercy.

--
Scott R. Knitter