[Magdalen] beisbol Q?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Oct 11 17:26:06 UTC 2015

From: Jay Weigel

>EVER going to make me a Nats fan. Furthermore, I disagree with MLB that
>there is any reason why Washington, D.C. "deserves" a baseball team at all.

MLB wants to keep its anti-trust exemption, and the best way to do that is to
have a presence in Washington. They had at least two close calls, including one
the year before the Expos were moved to DC.

There are some diehard Dodgers and Giants fans in NYC, but that's a fast
shrinking demographic at this point, thanks to actuarial reality.

Cheers,
Jim