[Magdalen] beisbol Q?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 11 21:52:30 UTC 2015

On 11/10/2015 21:46, Jay Weigel wrote:
> It's kind of hard to catch the baseball bug if you didn't grow up with it.
> My best advice is to find someone who will take the time to patiently
> explain what's *really* going on out there without talking down to you or
> getting impatient. That's how I finally got over hating football.

I think that's probably true of most sports.  I gave up plating Rugby in
1959 but now have a season ticket for our local Rugby Club.  I am
fortunate to sit with people who will explain why a foul has been called
if it isn't obvious to me, provided we don't agree that the referee
needs to get his eyes tested because we think he has got it wrong.

Roger