[Magdalen] On a humorous note

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 11 22:12:33 UTC 2015

On 11/10/2015 01:38, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> I tried using them in my Methodist church at home since the names
> came with a new hymnboard.  The Methodist minister wouldn't  allow
> the names to be posted because the "Sexigesima" Sunday reminded
> him of "sex" and he wouldn't want sex in the Methodist church.

The other week I was talking with a near contemporary fro university who
had trained as a medic.  Back then the training had been some academic
study then three years in a gospital before returning for finals.  He
observed that when he had returned for finals (late 60's by then)
another undergraduate had observed that they had discovered sex.  My
interlocutor had apparently observed that he thought it had been around
for quite a few centuries already.

Roger