[Magdalen] Hymnals and Perspective.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Oct 12 00:10:35 UTC 2015

>Having grown up with the 1959 Broadman and 1975 Baptist, when I converted the
>1982 Episcopal left me wailing over and over, "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE >HARMONY?!"
>I suppose heritage with the 1940 Episcopal would have elicited the same wail,
>but maybe moreso.  With my background of "director-led" >congregational singing
>(lusty, I believe would be the right word), I don't think I even had a chance.

As most TEC parishes used the little hymnals with no harmonies at all back in
the day, I think lots of them were pleased at the addition of harmonies in
H82.And of course, for those who want ALL of them (despite notes that the others
be sung in unison) CPC does (or at least did) publish a hymnal with full music
for all 720 hymns (no service music, however).

Cheers,
Jim