[Magdalen] VTS Chapel addendum...

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Oct 12 00:02:20 UTC 2015

On 10/10/2015 16:57, Grace Cangialosi wrote

> A seminarian told me that stress among staff at VTS has been incredibly high
> in the run up to next week's consecration event, and The Dean has said it's
> the >biggest event ever held there.  The ABC, the PB and the PB-elect will all
> be in attendance!

That's a problem of VTS's own choosing. Any real Anglo-Catholic venue would
simply assign a burly acolyte or two to each of the poobahs and make sure they
stand where they're supposed to, sit when they're supposed to and move around as
directed by the MC.

Just because one might be PB-elect or the ABC, a good spikey A-C parish puts up
with no nonsense from mere liturgical amateurs (defined as those who are not
intimately familiar with the liturgical practices and quirks of that particular
A-C parish that the entire altar party can do it effortlessly even when they're
all suffering a terrible hangover from a party the night before <g>).

Cheers,
Jim