[Magdalen] Astronomers in the the pub?

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Mon Oct 12 19:37:11 UTC 2015

Size would necessarily have to be measured in degrees. Space.com has info on
the Southern Cross:

"From top to bottom, Crux measures just 6 degrees — only a little taller
than the distance between the pointer stars of the Big Dipper. (Reminder:
Your clenched fist held at arm's length is 10 degrees wide.) In fact, the
Southern Cross is the smallest (in area) of all the constellations."

Don't see anything on the "Northern Cross" (Cygnus), but it appears to be a
good deal larger.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com