[Magdalen] Hymnals and Perspective.

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 13 01:03:49 UTC 2015

Eons ago I went to organ interview that was awash in disaster (new to Atlanta I thought that Georgia 20 was Interstate 20); the rector took me out to dinner and it went down from there.
They showed me the Episcopal Hymnal.  I asked for the large print edition; I asked them to turn on the lights. I could barely see the music. Since then either my eyes or the lights have improved because I need glasses; but at least I can see the music.

I think you are right about 1940 because I used it back in Chicago at the Yepiscopalsky tserkvi which I served. Never a problem seeing the music (of course I was 20 years younger; but when I went for an eye test before moving to Atlanta the eye doctor told me to go get some readers. I had presecription glasses since age 14, but I could actually see better at 51 than 14. Go figure.

Joe Cirou