[Magdalen] Hymnals and Perspective.o

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 15:24:20 UTC 2015

It was, after all, John Wesley who said, "Sing lustily and with good
courage"! My mother was a baptized Presbyterian, but in her youth she went
to the Methodist church because "that's where the action was". She sang all
her life, even after a horrible throat/trachea/laryngeal infection took her
voice when I was in my teens (before that she had a lovely soprano voice).
In her last years, when she spoke only a little, she still sang, mostly
without words, and we sang with her. Until she couldn't speak at all, my
brother would call her every week and they would sing "Amazing Grace"
together. That Methodist singing training never left her.