[Magdalen] Prayer request: name change

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:01:11 UTC 2015

Strength for this next journey Kristin and prayers.
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 13, 2015, at 10:41 AM, Kristin Rollins <kristin at verumsolum.com> wrote:

This morning, I filed my petition to change my name. And was
disappointed to receive a hearing date in return.

I had received help at a conference in Richmond over the weekend to fill
out the paperwork. They said that normally, the paperwork is returned in
the mail, but that sometimes people receive a hearing date: they did
warn me that I might be more likely to receive a court date, since I am
not a US citizen.

Unfortunately, the only advice I received for that situation was: "If
you get a hearing date, contact this lawyer," and a suggestion of pro
bono assistance from him. And a business card. So I am now awaiting his
reply.

Even getting into the courthouse to file my petition required a stretch
out of my comfort zone (which was not aided when the prepay-for-parking
machine outside the door was out of order, so I had to go inside to pay
for parking…and, not realizing how their system was set up, I had to
make a trip that should have been unnecessary back out for my paperwork
which I had left in the vehicle. (With a prepay system, I was expecting
to need to put a ticket in the windshield or something.) So I ended up
going through security twice at the entrance.

So it looks like October 30th is the next step in this process.

Kristin

--
 Kristin Rollins
 kristin at verumsolum.com