[Magdalen] Prayer request: name change

BANFUR3 at aol.com BANFUR3 at aol.com
Tue Oct 13 22:56:31 UTC 2015

Prayers that the procedure goes well.
Eileen in Northern Illinois

In a message dated 10/13/2015 10:41:41 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
kristin at verumsolum.com writes:

This  morning, I filed my petition to change my name. And was
disappointed to  receive a hearing date in return.

I had received help at a conference  in Richmond over the weekend to fill
out the paperwork. They said that  normally, the paperwork is returned in
the mail, but that sometimes people  receive a hearing date: they did
warn me that I might be more likely to  receive a court date, since I am
not a US citizen.

Unfortunately,  the only advice I received for that situation was: "If
you get a hearing  date, contact this lawyer," and a suggestion of pro
bono assistance from  him. And a business card. So I am now awaiting his
reply.

Even  getting into the courthouse to file my petition required a stretch
out of  my comfort zone (which was not aided when the prepay-for-parking
machine  outside the door was out of order, so I had to go inside to pay
for  parking…and, not realizing how their system was set up, I had to
make a  trip that should have been unnecessary back out for my paperwork
which I  had left in the vehicle. (With a prepay system, I was expecting
to need to  put a ticket in the windshield or something.) So I ended up
going through  security twice at the entrance.

So it looks like October 30th is the  next step in this process.

Kristin

--
Kristin  Rollins
kristin at verumsolum.com