[Magdalen] Kimchi pickle review.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 14:36:19 UTC 2015

I do a fair amount of pickling and always use 2 parts vinegar to one part
water.

Heat with salt (add sugar for a sweet pickle, but you don't need much), add
spices. Place vegetables in a jar, cover with hot liquid (if not enough
liquid to cover, top off with undiluted vinegar), cover, refrigerate when
cool.

My personal favorites:
cubed roasted beets with orange rind (a bit of cayenne puts this over the
top)
blanched green beans with dried chilis and garlic cloves (use red chilis so
your guests don't confuse the chilis for the beans)
raw red onion and vidalia slices

Pickles jazz up a boring meal. And they're a great way to use up green
tomatoes at the end of the season, too,
-M

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 9:55 AM, Charles Wohlers <