[Magdalen] Earliest Known Draft of King James Bible Is Found, Scholar Says - The New York Times

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 07:11:36 UTC 2015

It's interesting how little most of us know about the other fine
translations that were around back in the day.  The article points out that
the Authorized version is actually the New Revised Bishops' Bible.

Looking through some other sources, I notice how in some cases the language
is unchanged in the Authorized Version. Not to say the AV isn't a fine job;
it certainly is. However, had it never happened, we still would have fine
resources.
Anglicans actually opted for another version for their Psalms.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford