[Magdalen] Rector's final week with us

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 02:56:09 UTC 2015

Sunday will be our final one with Fr David Cobb. Count me among the
disappointed. I have assured him that as a search committee member, I
continue to believe our process produced an outstanding result and I
thanked him for enduring so much of what ails our parish. He and Ruth are
off to Sewanee, I think...but it just occurred to me that even though she
now has a job there, that doesn't mean they'll live there. But i know he's
working on a D.Min. there.

Who knows what the future holds for this crazy place. God knows, of course.
Our young but very sharp and faithful curate Shane Gormley+ will lead us
until a priest in charge arrives in February probably.