[Magdalen] it's the Head of the Charles

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Oct 17 03:00:48 UTC 2015

In a message dated 10/16/2015 9:32:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

My  brother's lifelong best friend was on the 1964 NCAA Championship  rowing
team (Wisconsin) and one of his daughters was also a championship  rower.
UW-Madison has a long and proud rowing  history.>>>>>>

My older brother, Jim, was a Wisconsin rower in the late 1930's.
He long remembered being dressed in rowing shorts out on
frigid Lake Mendota in November.

I also remember the "tradition" of the rowing team for their annual
picture in the UW-Madison yearbook:  They all padded their  "baskets".

David Strang......Did I actually write that?