[Magdalen] Hymnals and Perspective.o

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 03:12:22 UTC 2015

I have sung hymns in which there was only the tune, and I could not sing
the tune all in the same octave with any comfort.  It is interesting to
think about how things may have been thousands of years ago, but my concern
is I cannot sing the tunes in the same octave.  Nothing historic about it.
That's probably why some just don't sing, but who knows?

Back in the day, when songs varied by maybe less than a fifth, it didn't
mind. And of course, there was always singing in organum.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford