[Magdalen] New to Me.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 15:53:00 UTC 2015

I was in the library one day this summer when my eye was caught by a young
Mennonite woman (in uniform dress and kapp) who was absolutely stunning and
seemed completely unaware of that fact. She was about 20, tall and
brunette, impeccably groomed, makeup-free, wearing a deep pink print dress
that was well fitted (either she or her mother was a good seamstress!). The
only concession I saw to any kind of vanity was that her flip-flops were
pink to match her dress. She was with two young men and I didn't see any
sort of flirtatiousness displayed....of course they may have been brothers
or cousins, but there was no family resemblance. However, I couldn't help
staring at her, and I'm sure others couldn't either. She was a real beauty,
and the best part was that the beauty was so natural.