[Magdalen] Gerrymandering was Canada's election

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Oct 20 15:27:59 UTC 2015

Of course,the Voting Rights Act encouraged gerrymandering in many states in the
South.

Districts that zig-zag across entire states and sometimes connected for several
miles my nothing more than the width of the interstate highway the line follows
are drawn to VRA specifications to create African-American districts. By making
sure such districts were created, states; district lines were approved under
VRA.

And you can be sure these districts will continue to exist after the 2020 census
redistricting, resulting in all-white conservative Republicans continuing to run
these sates (and litter Congress) while claiming, "Well, we don’t need the
Voting Rights Act -- heck, we're even following their directions without the
law!"

Cheers,
Jim