[Magdalen] Gerrymandering was Canada's election

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 21 15:00:49 UTC 2015

From: Kate Conant

>http://pjmedia.com/zombie/2010/11/11/the-top-ten-most-gerrymandered-congressional-districts-in-the-united-states/

The gerrymandered district in which we lived in Brooklyn for ten years extended
all the way to the upper West Side of Manhattan, wit.h some fairly long
stretched between the West Side Highway in Manhattan and the Hudson River, and
ditto along the Brooklyn Waterfront, and then including a bit of Sunset Park
(the Asian section, not the Hispanic Section) extending one block into Bay
Ridge. The border was between our building at 68th and Shore and 69th and Shore
our next door neighbors  My Congressman was Jerry Nadler and as a result, if I
mentioned that he was my Congressman, people would assume I must live on the
"ultra-liberal upper West Side of Manhattan."

When we first moved there, of course, we were part of that Staten Island
Republican District, represented by Vito Fossella (R-C) who was so pro family he
had one on Staten Island and another in Alexandria Virginia. He was outed after
being arrested fro drunk driving and claiming he was on his way home to his
family (in Alexandria, not the one in Staten Island).

after the 2010 census, we were back in Republican Staten Island again --
represented by Michael Grimm (R-C-I) who was best known for threatening to throw
a reporter off the balcony as the capital, and later fore being convicted for
corruption and not paying his employees withholding.

THE Staten Island GOP replaced him the Dan Donovan in a special election.
Donovan, as Staten Island D.A. engineered the acquittal of all charges against
officers in the chokehold murder of Eric Garner.

Jim Guthrie

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, love mercy, and walk
humbly with your God?"
Micah 6:8

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com