[Magdalen] health care...

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 21 14:02:43 UTC 2015

From: ME Michaud

?I've got a Medicare Advantage plan and I just love it.

I>'m sure they're not all cut from the same cloth, but this one has been
>just great for us, perfect so far. But then I've been in an HMO
>practically since they first invented them. Something like 1970, I think.

There's nothing wrong with a good HMO, that's for sure. I think the only issue
would be making sure there were covered providers anywhere you stayed for any
extended length of time.

I had a friend who was amazed with Kaiser on that score -- he had a medical
problem while on a visit to Europe, and Kaiser paid for a trip back to
California for treatment -- then flew him back to Europe so he could continue
his trip.
?Few would agree, but I actually never wanted to find my own doctor. And I
>know more about evaluating them then the average bear knows. Group practice
>for me, please. Team practice.

I think Norman Rockwell created a physician mythology that has turned out to
cost Americans Billions -- if not Trillions in un-needed health care costs.

Who knew that one man could cost the economy so much?

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie