[Magdalen] health care...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Oct 21 18:46:18 UTC 2015

In a message dated 10/21/2015 2:21:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

hope  you're proud of having been in and contributed to that system. It's
a great  model, too.
My Dad, who lived out his last days with the VA in Augusta  (Maine) got the
best care imaginable. He was a very difficult patient, but  their tenderness
and intelligence never  wavered.>>>>>>

It's apparent, I think, that I am proud.

And our dermatological team for most of my decades at VA consisted
of my dermatological PA and myself, and we ran a tight ship.  We  managed
to meet all the deadlines and do well with the patients until the last  year
when my PA developed carcinoma of the lower esophagus (thanks to
a pack a day of cigarettes), and went out of the picture quickly.   Then
my own legs blew up.  The local VAMC has not been successful at  replacing
either of us, and are relying on teleconsults and referring to the  local
private sector.

David Strang.