[Magdalen] Show Boat.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Oct 23 18:09:43 UTC 2015

In a message dated 10/23/2015 1:53:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

Did you  listen to my Bing Crosby - Paul Whiteman  Youtube?>>>>>

Fun but still a subjective version with its uniform tempo throughout.

Bing Crosby's voice must have substantially matured after this
recording in which his later characteristic croon is as yet  undeveloped.
He doesn't seem to have much control over his voice, and there is
erratic vibrato.

This is not meant as a criticism of Bing, but only an observation
of the early stages of what became "the most popular voice in  history."

Count me as an admirer of both Paul Whiteman and Bing Crosby.

David Strang.