[Magdalen] List sibs departed from this life

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 20:14:15 UTC 2015

Sibyl- I really do "get it" with both spelling and pronunciations of names. It makes me sad when I meet people who introduce themselves and then say something like "... But no one ever pronounces it right".
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 26, 2015, at 11:11 AM, Sibyl Smirl <polycarpa3 at ckt.net> wrote:

> On 10/26/15 9:15 AM, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> Apologies for my dyslexic misspelling of your name Sibyl.

Thanks.  I usually don't say anything, but it's just amazing how many people do that who only know me from print: you'd think the spelling would stick, being seen in my sig and on my mailer so much, but scads of people do it.  It's more understandable from people who only hear my name, don't see it, but some of my nearest and dearest remaining relatives do, too.

Maybe every thirtieth or fortieth time (counting everybody, not just the one person who does) that I see it does it hit an irritation point and I say anything:  it just happened that you were lucky Number 40 (or whatever).

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net