[Magdalen] List sibs departed from this life

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Tue Oct 27 17:22:52 UTC 2015

My sense is that Facebook was not the cause of returning to their
previous name, but I am not 100% sure of that.

Regarding Facebook names, a lot has to do with the people one knows, I
think. Given FB's size, I think their system re: name changes is largely
complaint-driven. So if nobody complains, you can almost call yourself
whatever you like (especially if it "looks like" a real name). If
somebody complains, all bets are off. There are some who have managed to
keep their names (sometimes at a cost of their account being suspended
for days or weeks while they attempt to convince Facebook that they are
who they say they are). But FB's system is very opaque and others may
get different results with no apparent reason.

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins
  kristin at verumsolum.com