[Magdalen] List sibs departed from this life

Georgia DuBose gdubose at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 19:25:03 UTC 2015

I continue to mourn her loss too. She was a great inspiration to me in work
with homeless people, and she (and her administrative assistant) were shot
in the church office of St. Peter's, Ellicott City, Maryland by a homeless
insane man who felt that the St. Peter's food pantry had given him less
than he normally received. It was devastating for the church. I went to a
one-year memorial service for her at St. Peter's, and asked Bishop Sutton
and her sisters and brother for permission to start something called the
Mother Mary Marguerite Kohn Initiative to develop special approaches to
keeping guns out of the hands of people with recorded psychological
problems. The Bishop was receptive to the idea, but the family said that
her life was so much more than the way she died, and they did not want her
name to be remembered for her death.

Priests all over the Maryland/Virginia/West Virginia region were devastated
by her death, and it was a reminder to those of us who work with food
pantries and homeless people that such work is not without danger.

May she rest in peace, and rise in glory.

Georgia+