[Magdalen] Heather Cook

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 21:35:55 UTC 2015

She certainly is experiencing harsh consequences.  Seven years in prison is
not small potatoes at all.  I know others get more; almost everyone in my
class at prison was in for twenty five to life. That's now punishment;
that's intentional murder of the soul.

We need to stop the nonsense and find alternative ways of dealing with
crime. We incarcerate more folks per capita than any other civilized
nation. When the Societ Union was going full bore, we had them beat then,
and it has only gotten worse.

We have many priorities ass-backwards, and we probably deserve to fade into
obscurity as a failed nation.  Parts of us fight so hard to keep from doing
the stuff we need to do to heal.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford