[Magdalen] Named for saints.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Thu Oct 29 18:12:42 UTC 2015

On 10/29/15 11:11 AM, M J [Mike] Logsdon wrote:

> I believe I still have a copy of that.  Yay!

I know I do have a copy.  I strongly suspect that it _was_ the General
Calendar in some ancient time.  One thing that's interesting about it
(at least the translation that I have) is that it uses the word
"birthday" for the day of their deaths.  Although I've heard that, in
the form of a birthday wish rhyme from a non-catholic source, so I
understood it after a little puzzlement, it's the only place I've heard
or seen it without the explanatory "Heaven" attached

Many happy returns
Of the day of thy birth
May sunshine and gladness be given:
And may the dear Father