[Magdalen] Named for saints.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Thu Oct 29 18:27:21 UTC 2015

On 10/29/15 12:14 PM, Jay Weigel wrote:
> I'd have to be Petra or Pauline. No thanks.

Oh, there are probably about a dozen different saints your mother could
have chosen from.  There are way more than 365 Saints, so they're
stacked up on days.  Especially when you use a group of different
churches that have calendars, plus the Orthodox.  Sometimes days got
moved around from one church to another, sometimes calendar changes made
variances (like from Julian to Gregorian, then the more recent changes
in different places), sometimes the date of death just was not known,
and different churches randomly assigned different days.

For just a sampling, try
http://www.catholic.org/saints/f_day/jun.php

--
Sibyl Smirl