[Magdalen] Named for saints.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Thu Oct 29 20:00:25 UTC 2015

Well, if you looked around, you'd know of more.  You must be looking
only at the ECUSA Kalendar.  Besides Peter and Paul, at the URL I gave
are St Cassius of Narni, St Mary Salome, Bl Yakym Senkivsky, Sts. Salome
and Judith, and St Cocha.  If you click on the names there, you get
dates and brief bios.  In the Roman Martyrology, there is St Mary,
mother of John, surnamed Mark; St Marcellus, martyr, who was beheaded
for the faith of Christ together with the soldier Anastasius; St.
Syrius, bishop; maybe St Gregory--it's a little difficult to tell from
the text whether this is his feast day or what; St. Benedicta, Virgin.
I'm sure if you check other sources, like the Orthodox ones, you'll find
many more.  Those Orthodox churches often don't come even close to
agreeing with each other on particular Saints or their days, much less
with Rome.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net