[Magdalen] Named for saints.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 22:33:33 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, Emily, I suppose. Emma, despite its recent popularity for little
> girls, is still impossibly stuffy and old fashioned to me. .

Yes...Emma's one name you hear in Whole Foods when the posh young
parents seem to be broadcasting their children's well-chosen names
more to impress other shoppers than to communicate with their
children: "Emma, Emma, they've got a lovely gooseberry-cinnamon
yoghurt here. Would you like some gooseberry-cinnamon yoghurt, Emma?
Conrad, don't push Portia so fast in her stroller, or I won't make the
timpano for dinner tonight. Emma, look: asparagus water!"

Makes me want to have a son and name him Ashurbanipal, sure to win the
Whole Foods name derby. :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA