[Magdalen] Name changed!

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Fri Oct 30 16:58:44 UTC 2015

Today was my day to head to court for the hearing on my name change.

And hearing almost inflates what happened beyond recognition. I was only
asked to verify what change I was asking for and to ensure that they had
the correct spelling. And that was it. All i had to do was wait for the
order to reach the clerk's office and pay for the extra copies I wanted.

It was funny: the hearing itself was nothing (especially since the judge
moved the five of us with name changes today to the start of the docket,
so I didn't even get to hear anything interesting while I waited). And I
didn't really even feel anything when I first got the order in my hands.
But when I ordered the extra copies of the order, and I got *them* back,
and on top of the pile there was a receipt for my payment, which was
shown as being from KRISTIN L. ROLLINS - And I think something about
seeing that in print and with a middle initial made me realise in that
moment that it was now my *legal* name.

I decided to rest on my laurels a bit, especially after yesterday was a
miserable anxiety day in anticipation of the unknown of this morning. So
it will probably be Monday before I head to start the name changes with
Social Security and the DMV. And the multitude of places that come after
those.

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins