[Magdalen] List sibs departed from this life

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 21:56:34 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Roger Stokes
<roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com> wrote:
>  It's simple if you break the word into two.  People will be familiar with
> the "th" sound as in fourth, fifth, health, etc. Likewise they can
> presumably pronounce art or heart, getting the "rt" sound.

That's the technique I'd use to help someone pronounce "nuclear"
correctly. Many people say "NEW-cue-ler." I'd have them say "new" and
"clear" together and then refine it so it's something like
"NEW-klee-er."

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA