[Magdalen] Disappearing money - please pray

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 1 21:40:35 UTC 2015

On 01/09/2015 18:37, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> For me here in Pennsylvania there have also been three:  United  Penn ->
> Mellon -> Citizens Bank.
>
> Citizens is in the RBS Group = Royal Bank of Scotland.   Personally,
> I think "Citizens Bank" is a bit prosaic.  When the name change  occurred, I
> called the local branch to ask if I could have my checks imprinted  with
> "Royal Bank of Scotland", but they declined.

I also bank with them under their National Westminster name.  Fred
Goodwin (some would say an appropriate surname) was their CEO at the
time of the 2008 banking crisis when RBS was effectively nationalised.
He walked away with a pension of (then) about $1 million a year.  the
knoghthood he had been awarded in 2004 has since been annulled, a rare
event.

Thank you for banking with the UK.

Roger