[Magdalen] Disappearing money - please pray

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 2 16:50:26 UTC 2015

On 02/09/2015 15:11, Marion Thompson wrote:
> My bank will cover the loss, and, anyway, there is a limit on how much
> cash can be withdrawn in one day.  The bank also has a very good
> picture of your normal use pattern.  Of course some may not like that,
> but it's a protection, and a very good reason for telling the credit
> card issuer that you are going away and roughly where and when so you
> don't run afoul of their security measures.

I can recall a couple of occasions when I have interacted with the
bank's anti-fraud team.  One was when I was making a large purchase and
they rang the shop to ask to speak with me.  I answered their questions
and they aithorised the sale.  The other was when my card had been
cloned in the US and a couple of transactions were seen as possibly
fraudulent.  They rang me, I assured them I had not made these purchases
and they did not appear on my bill.

Roger