[Magdalen] National cathedral

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Sep 3 02:45:57 UTC 2015

The "Four All the Saints" hymn is heartily sung by the packed house
for Ford's funeral.

The video sound is not good, but I think it points out the inadequacy  of
the present pipe organ to handle a big sing like this.  It would have  been
nice to have the Military brass help out, but this was not to be.

I was amazed, though, at the conclusion at the several seconds
reverberation
time even with a packed house.  If they hadn't had the darned  earthquake
we'd already be enjoying the two pipe organs scheduled initially, and  then
put on the back burner because of the cost of cathedral fabric  repairs.

David Strang.