[Magdalen] New specs

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:53:13 UTC 2015

Wow, I have new specs!! These are either going to change my life or drive
me mad...

They are multifocals (progressive lenses), and supposed to stop the endless
peering and craning and squinting to see things close-up when I don't have
my reading glasses, which is most of the time.

Right now I feel I can't see/read anything, and then I move my head and
it's suddenly crystal clear for a few seconds before vanishing into a blur
again.

I think my physio will approve because to read I have to sit up straight
but I also have to lift my chin and look down, which might not be so good.
She likes the "long neck" posture with chin in and back...but as long as
I'm not doing the "hadeda looking for worms" (that is, a grey ibis for
those who are wondering), I think it's OK.

The frames are very nice and were horrifically expensive, they come from
the USA.

I think very soon I'll be at that tricky stage where I still haven't
settled into these but can't use my old ones...

Sally D