[Magdalen] Kim Davis ordered to jail.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 3 22:36:50 UTC 2015

>>>I am in favor of gay rights, but this action on the part of the gay couple was unnecessary -- they could have been married anyplace else in the US.<<<

And anyplace else in the U.S. could have its own Kim Davis refusing to do her elected job.  The unfairness in this case is writ large enough to stop the fiasco at the source, rather than let it fester -- like it will no doubt do, thanks to her self-promoted martyrdom.

>>>I'm not going to play "dueling scriptures," but since I have myself broken the law for the sake of conscience, I can't really agree that God and the State are precisely of equal authority when it comes to decisions of right and wrong.<<<

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the law(s) you broke for the sake of conscience were either unjust laws or just ones enforced unjustly.  This case bears no resemblance to that.   The highest court in the land has ruled that full and equal freedom to marry is a just thing, and therefore the law is a just one.  Is it being enforced unjustly?  In this case, it's not being enforced at all, which makes Ms Davis's act both illegal, and by default, itself unjust.