[Magdalen] Kim Davis ordered to jail.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 02:01:48 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 8:55 PM, Grace Cangialosi <gracecan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are clerks of the court elected everywhere? We have five people running for the office here, one of them a convicted felon. I think clerks, sheriffs and treasurers should all be hired by municipalities for their qualifications, not elected for their popularity.

I think she's the county clerk, not court clerk, but I could be wrong.
In any case, Chicago's city clerk is elected, and so is the Clerk of
the Cook County Circuit Court. The Court Clerk is a very odd, quite
probably corrupt self-glorifying person who has her name emblazoned
across a fleet of vans presumably used to cart court records among the
various courthouses (there are several) and the main office. She has
held "fundraising" "jeans days" notably on her birthday, and funds
raised go to...her! I've voted against her but to no avail. Too many
voters don't bother finding out about the people on the ballot.
There's a lot of power in being the chief keeper of data that
attorneys need to prepare their cases, and she of course plays this
power-wielding to the max.

The term "public servant" is highly misunderstood, or just plain
ignored, among many Chicago politicians. If I get elected, it's simply
my turn to take, not serve. This isn't news, of course.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA