[Magdalen] Update

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 02:40:56 UTC 2015

In the world of your "new now" this sounds like a good week for each of you Jim. I am thankful.
Love and prayers
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 3, 2015, at 9:08 PM, James Handsfield <jhandsfield at att.net> wrote:

Monday afternoon, Marcy had an appointment with her psychiatrist, who kind of (with kid gloves) read her the riot act about the way she treats others, particularly the home care aides.  It seems to have had an effect as Marcy seems to be more intentional about the way she responds to them.  In addition, the doc increased her antidepressant dose to help control outbursts.  It seems to be working.

Also today, we had a visit with PT to help me refine my skills wi  th the Hoyer lift.  Part of that was to recommend we switch from a manual to electrically controlled lift.  Hospice Atlanta Center (operated by Visiting Nurse) has approved it and it will be delivered tomorrow.  This is all getting ready for the eventuality that this will be the primary mode for transferring Marcy as needed, including toileting, getting her into bed, etc.  It’s not happening now, but will before long.

Surprisingly (to me) is that Marcy is not resisting these measures, and that is a grace from my perspective.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. We’re having in there.

Thinking one can behave their way into heaven is an insult to the very foundation of salvation.

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net