[Magdalen] Kim Davis ordered to jail.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 4 10:02:26 UTC 2015

On 04/09/2015 02:55, Grace Cangialosi wrote:
> Ah, but now she's getting to be a martyr for her faith. In my opinion, she should be fired, but apparently, since she's an elected official, they can't fire her.

No, she would have to be impeached, and what are the odds of the
Kentucky legislature doing that?

> Are clerks of the court elected everywhere? We have five people running for the office here, one of them a convicted felon. I think clerks, sheriffs and treasurers should all be hired by municipalities for their qualifications, not elected for their popularity.

Quote, leaving aside the question of officials who have some discretion
the Clerfk is a functionary employed to carry out tasks where there are
clear rules.  Of course this side of the pond such people are appointed
in the regular way after application and interview.  I would also have
thought that there should be some facts that would disqualify somebody,
such as their own criminal record.

Roger