[Magdalen] Priest in Charge.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:46:58 UTC 2015

My own experience (or the second-hand experience of friends) suggests
that part-time priests, being fully human, aren't a likely solution to a
parish's fiscal difficulties. They tend to drop the parts of the job they
dislike (be it visiting, fundraising, preaching). A well-built team
approach
can cover the weak spots, of course.

We've had three non-self-supporting churches close this year. All
struggled on with part-time clergy for an unsuccessful period of
introspection. Very sad. But if the congregation won't/can't afford
to support their church, what canya do?
-M