[Magdalen] Wedding Advice

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 19:46:02 UTC 2015

Come to Houston for ceremony.  ; )

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2015, at 2:25 PM, Rick Mashburn <ricklmashburn at gmail.com> wrote:

Jo, you are correct. The newly approved sacrament of marriage isn't
available until Advent. I'm not sure how that is going to be addressed but
for now The Blessing of a Lifelong Covenant is the only liturgy approved
for use in the Dio. of West Texas. I haven't heard anyone talk about
whether (or when) the Bishop and Standing Committee will address that.

We've asked to call it The Blessing of a Civil Marriage which is what is
actually is in our case. We were legally married in Santa Fe in May. But,
that could cause issues with the Bishop and Standing Committee which only
approved the current situation in April or May of this year. This is still
an overwhelmingly conservative Diocese!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure what we will do yet...I just feel
very blessed to have the opportunity to do something. I never, even in my
wildest imagination, thought that I would see it happen in my lifetime!

Peace, Rick