[Magdalen] Wedding Advice

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 18:31:45 UTC 2015

I stumbled across my parents marriage license, circa 1949 yesterday while
going through files...
They were married in Toledo OH by the JP (just across the border from MI
(they were both living in Detroit at the time) and was very surprised to see
embossed in on the form in fancy gold writing: "What God has joined let no
one put asunder" with notation...

Life was sure different then.

OTOH, when I married, I had to go and get the license all by myself as my
soon to be husband lived far away and was not in town until a few days
before the wedding. I wonder if that is still permitted?

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr