[Magdalen] More with Marcy

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 02:12:59 UTC 2015

This behavior so reminds me of some exhibited by my mother as her cancer
metastasized. I found if I could be kindly honest, rather than brutally
honest, it often helped both of us deal with each particular situation.
"Wouldn't that be nice? I wish you could do that, too." Of course, I was
not always up to that, nor was she always open to it. Take a nap,
yourself, while she naps, if at all possible.

Some of those times are now etched in our household collective memory as
sweet incidents of the spirit being willing, but the flesh weak. "Yes,
mother; why don't you cook tonight?" and talking through it with her as
I prepared dinner, has become a euphemism for someone suggesting a
project that another has to complete. And, we can smile with the
remembrance.

With prayer for

Peace,
Jo